1.18.2008

"Animal Magnetism"

1/2008 Oil on Canvas 24" X 48"
People, people, people, we all relate to animals! "Your boyfriend is a dog", "They are pigs", "They were fuc*ing like monkeys", we have all heard or said something to this effect. That is the basis of this painting. When animals are put next to human flesh it has quite a different effect. This is an example of how my imagination works, as people talk, I envision what they are saying and this is what I see! This is the same reason I can't eat meat, I can just see the poor animal frolicking around on my plate. As an artist I'm blessed and cursed with an imagination left to eat only plants and dairy, and that can even been nasty if I give it too much thought! I've gotten a reaction with this piece, a little censorship, but you know, there's always one in the bunch. My three year old son simply said, "Our doggie doesn't have boobies!" Nope, only in mommy's imagination! I started this before Christmas and finished the pigs and the healthier couple on New Year's, it took about 10-12 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.