1.28.2008

"Censor, Please!"


1/2008
24 X 30
Oil on Canvas

All censors are created equal! They may all look different on the outside, moving amongst us in disguise, but internally they are all equally miserable, on a mission to right the world of all it's wrongs, hide any evidence of sexuality. Keep it under the rug where it belongs! Enjoy art? Understand Art? Not an interest of theirs, search and destroy the realities we have finally shed light on in this world, absolutely. To say nothing about freedom of speech, is enough! Turn on the TV and there it all is for the picking, paint it and it will not be tolerated! This painting was prompted by a censor that did not agree with my subject matter, and to them, I thank you, for without conflict there is no growth! I enjoyed painting this piece. I am unhappy with the censors in the background, they didn't come out as I expected, but maybe this was an unconscious effect! I used the same reference of myself, but painted it minus the wear and tear I added on the last painting. I spent about 8 hours on this piece.

1 comment:

Kelt said...

The hand gestures are interesting in this piece. Do you know sign language?