1.16.2008

"My Diet Plan"


10/2007
18" X 24"
Oil on Canvas
SOLD

"My Diet Plan" was one of the first in this series for my upcoming show (Feb.1) "Small Thoughts, Big Issues", of course dealing with bulimia. It shows a seemingly perfect girl obsessing over her eating, fear of fat, love of food, and the purging that will inevitably follow! On her shoulder she balances her perfectly stacked baggage that has grown over the years. The black and white hand signifies that this secret is deadly. And the cumbersome jewelry is yet another attempt to divert attention away from her present reality. The coloring on this painting was successful but I was not completely please with the brush strokes, too perfect! I spent about six hours on this painting and framed it in an elaborate gold frame!

No comments: